iTecs IT Outsourcing and Support Blog
Moving office locations in respects to IT can be tedious and for the inexperienced, very stressful. For over 15 years, we have guided and managed the relocation of IT services and hardware for hundreds of clients in the Dallas area; this post describes the important aspects to consider and will help you perceive the big picture.
1. Making sure the new site is wired with necessary data and phone drops for each room and work area. If the network and phone cables are being adopted from the previous tenant, it’s important to have a 3rd party cabling company test each drop.
2. Having internet services activated at the new location involves collaboration between your IT support company and the Internet Service Provider. In most cases, companies only move their existing service (and respective contracts) to the new location. It is important however that you take this opportunity to see if there is a faster, more cost efficient internet service package available at the new place of duty. Fiber optics is quickly becoming the best choice for high-speed yet relatively inexpensive internet service and if given the opportunity should be taken advantage of.
3. Not all moving companies are adequately trained or equipped to handle moving computer systems, especially servers and network connectivity devices. It’s important that the moving company is insured and bonded to move the computer components.
4. It’s a good idea to have your network administrator on site to properly disconnect computer systems, servers, and related components before the moving company’s arrival. You'll want to have your IT support company on site to disconnect and reconnect the IT systems the day of the move. This allows him or her adequate time to thoroughly test everything before the opening day at the new location.
5. If email and other internet service related servers are on site at the old place, there may be the need to change DNS records. This is an aspect of the office relocation that should be entirely managed by the IT support company.
If you would like a free consultation from our IT consultants, please contact us. We would be happy to assist in creating a custom and clear path to follow if your office is moving locations.
The rate at which new threats are being identified proves the inadequacy of traditional anti-virus software as a singular security measure. Considering its powerful and comprehensive threat-detecting abilities, SentinelOne proves to be a clear winner in any environment.Read More
There are various types of cryptocurrency wallets. The three prominent are offline, online, and those held by a custodian. Before we explain the differences between the three, it's important to note that a custodian, in this context, is an entity that holds your private key. Next, we'll go into what a private key is but first, let's dive deeper into the three types.Read More
The first and most crucial thing any company can do to reduce the likelihood of a cyberattack is to train their employees about cyberthreats and how to recognize them. This may seem obvious and intuitive, but the fact of the matter is that human error accounts for a large percentage of successful cyberattacks.Read More